Image credit: Long Beach Seafood Restaurant’s Facebook Page
Location: Numerous outlets, find out more at https://longbeachseafood.com.sg/
Telephone: Vary according to outlet
Operating hours: 11am-3pm; 5pm-11pm (all outlets except Robertson Quay – 11.30am-12.30am)
Cracking into a chilli or a black pepper crab is one of those signature Singapore dining experiences, and there may not be any place that does it better than Long Beach Seafood Restaurant.
The prominent Chinese seafood restaurant offers some of the best Chinese Cuisine, serving a tantalising collection of dishes that are suitable for family gatherings, and catching up with friends and colleagues. From live to exotic seafood, its extensive menu is reflective of the restaurant’s efforts to cater to every palate and appetite.
The black pepper crab and chilli crab are evergreen favourites, and the restaurant even offers de-shelling services for its crab dishes. All the 5 outlets offer distinctive menu features in addition to the regular award-winning signature dishes, including chili crab.
There are now five outlets across Singapore, including the flagship restaurant, located in East Coast Seafood Centre (along the East Coast Parkway), where it first opened in 1946. Since then, Long Beach Seafood Restaurant has branched out from its original beachfront location to a number of outlets, serving delicious gourmet across the heartlands. The other four restaurants are located at Stevens, Dempsey Hill, IMM and Kallang (next to Kallang Park KFC/McDonald’s, along Mountbatten/Old Airport Road Junction).
Some of the recommended ‘Must Try’s’ include the mouth-watering award-winning dishes, such as the ‘Live Crab Special Set’, ‘Super Value Signature Set’ and ‘Air Flown Live Scottish Royal Razor Clam Set’. Indulge yourselves with live Alaskan King Crabs, Geoducks, Australian Lobsters and many more.
Image credit: Long Beach Seafood Restaurant’s Facebook Page
The Black Pepper Crab is the iconic dish of Long Beach Restaurant. The restaurant prepares the dish so well that it provides a novel experience when you eat it, even in a seafood haven like Singapore.
The crab meat is super fresh, sweet and succulent, making it a tasty combination with the extremely aromatic pepper sauce. It is also not overcooked so the meat remains moist and juicy. If you can’t really take spice, don’t worry! The black pepper crab is only mildly spicy, making it suitable for even kids to enjoy. Once your teeth sink into the succulent meat dipped in savoury peppery sauce, it will be pure bliss!
The Black Pepper Crab goes very well with the porridge as you mix the peppery crustacean flavour in. The sweetness of the crab flesh and roe flavour the porridge very well, coating the rice grains with aromatic pepper sauce and creating an unbelievably delicious combination.
Another dish they are famous for is the Chilli Crab. The chilli crab is famous for its large size and high meat-to-shell ratio. Enjoy the tantalizing taste of the succulent crab meat with sweet and spicy gravy. You can decide on the level of spiciness to cater to your spice tolerance so that you can fully enjoy the crabs. Remember to order some man tou as well to scoop up and soak some of that delicious sauce.
Although crabs are the star of the night, Long Beach has other seafood specialties that you must try. Get a taste of their unique Live Australian Lobster Sashimi with Superior Stock Steamboat or Cereal Prawns that has big juicy prawns covered in buttery crispy cereal.
Awards and Accolades
It is easy to see that Long Beach has one of the best seafood from their endless list of awards!
- The Only Recommended Seafood Restaurant in Singapore –New York Times
- Best for Seafood – By David Block – European Magazine
- Recommended in “Saturday Night Kitchen” Program – Australian TV Station Seven Productions
- Recommended in Gourmet Program – German TV Station Deutsche Welle (DW-TV)
- “The Only Recommended Seafood Restaurant” – World Expo Aichi Japan
- “Enjoy Singapore” – Japan Kyushu Asahi TV Broadcasting
- Recommended in Gourmet Program – TV Shin Hiroshima TSS (Japan)
- Recommended in Gourmet Program – Korea’s Global TV Arirang (Korea)
- Recommended Seafood Delicacy – Black Pepper Crab – Martin Yan’s Singapore Food Adventure TV Program
- VISA Top 10 Restaurants – VISA Platinum Star Merchant
- The Top 50 Restaurant Awards – Singapore Business Review
- Singapore’s Top 50 Restaurants – The Sunday Times & Business Times
- Singapore’s Best Restaurants 2010 – Singapore Tatler
- 100 Best Dishes – Chilli Crab and Alaskan King Crab – Straits Times Lifestyle
- Singapore’s Top Restaurant – Wine & Dine
- Writer’s Choice (The Best Seafood Restaurant) – A Guide to Singapore’s Best Food Places By The Straits Times
- The Eight Most Enduring Restaurants in Singapore – 8 Fave Food Stops – The Straits Times
- All Time Favourites: Best For Seafood (Gold Plate Awards) – Singapore Women’s Weekly
- Singapore Tatler The Best of Singapore – Best Local Food Award as selected by readers and editors of Singapore Tatler
- Voted As One of Asia’s Finest Restaurants – The Miele Guide
- The Business Times Gourmet Choice Awards, Winner of Singaporean Category 2009– Citibank
- Nominee for Classic Fine Foods New Restaurant of the Year 2009 – World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence
- Recommended as Number One Choice in the “A Group of Friends” Category in Reader’s Awards 2009 – Readers of Expat Living Magazine
- Recommended in Table For 3 – TV Gourmet Program – Mediacorp Channel 5
- Recommended Twice in Mediaworks TV Channel U’s Belly Belly Good Food Program– Hosted by Famous Taiwanese Celebrity Chef Chen Hong
- Recommended Seafood Restaurant – I.S Magazine editor’s choice
- American Express Service Excellence Award
- Eat Me – Singapore’s Guide To Top Signature Dish Award – Excellent Food Award in Food & Entertainment Guide for Executives By Asian Trade Press
- Most Popular Restaurant/Café – Voted by Shin Min’s readers and IMM’s customers
- Featured in:
- Globetrotter – Japanese Travel Guide Book
- Recommended in travel guide by the Japan Travel Bureau
- Outdoor Atunas (Taiwan)
- Tenamon-Ya Japanese Travel Guide
- MasterCard Special Guide (Japan)
- Mapple Magazine (Japan)
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide
- Frommers’ Travel Guide
- Gorilla Guides – Travel Handbooks for the Business Jungle
- Singapore Business Review Magazine
- Exquisite Magazine
- Yorkshire Evening Post (English Newspaper)
- Where Singapore (Tourist Guide Book)
- Asahi Shimbun (Japanese Newspaper)
- Shin Nichi Ho (Japanese Newspaper)
- Parti Magazine (Japanese Magazine)
- Hannah Press (Korean Newspaper)
- Ilyo Times (Korean Newspaper)
As soon as you are seated comfortably at the table, you will be presented with a bib to save you from ‘destroying’ your clothes while savouring the tantalising crab meat. You will be given scissors to break the crab shells but it is not entirely necessary as you can easily do so with your hands.
Their outlets all feature a great ambience, delicious food and friendly customer service! That’s the perfect combination for any restaurant which spells an excellent dining experience.
Placing orders online is easy – you just need to call any of the outlets to place your order. Visit their website for more information on the respective outlets.
The restaurant also offers island wide delivery service, partnering with delivery vendors like Grab and Food Panda.
Long Beach is a great place to satisfy your seafood cravings and is well known for their novel Black Pepper Crab. With lots of awards and experience in Singapore, Long Beach is recognised as one of the bigger players in the industry.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated to Long Beach Seafood Restaurant in any way. This is a review of what they offer. 8 Crabs Singapore offers fresh Sri Lankan crabs cooked by award-winning chefs and a wide variety of zi char dishes for a perfect meal with your family and friends. Click here to order your crabs from 8 Crabs Singapore today!